Sunday, January 31, 2016

"You're really pushing my buttons..."

So this week was semi-productive with not much to show for it.

The first thing I know you're all dying to hear, I finished Resident Evil: Revelations. Fun game. Great dynamics, silly story, and Jill & Chris together again. On to number 5 next.

Got back to work on proofing the back half of To Slice The Sky. Completed the proofread on chapter 9. Still working on Chapter 2 rewrites, so don't expect a post of it this week. I know I know, I let you down. These early chapters need a lot of work. Also, now that I have real releases in the world, I have to worry about "dreaded continuity". To think that I've already been fuzzy with continuity between two of my consistent stories already. This is going to be a rough career.

Ultimately though, it's cool going back over something i worked so hard on in the first place. There's a lot of fluff I've been yanking out, but there's much more just waiting for the cutting board. I've realized that I'm not trying to show how hard my science fiction is, but I'm trying to tell a compelling and interesting story that makes people want to read it. So I've been slashing down a lot of the world building that's been done in other stories.

And still shopping around my story West Side Connection. I think it may still be too dark, which apparently turns people off, but I'm just trying to be real. I've always wanted cult status over superstardom anyway, so i guess I'm on the right track.

Been watching my limited Blu-Ray collection today, just because. Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, and finishing up Sin City as I type this. Might put on For a Fistful of Dollars next, but we'll see how I'm feeling. And hope you're feeling good. I'll have some progress to show next week.

Here's a picture so I don't have to look at myself when I share this all over social media.


No comments:

Post a Comment