Sunday, January 3, 2016

In this foul year of our Lord...

Welcome to 2016.

Things to achieve this year:

1) Working on getting a short actually published in a for real publication.

2) Editing and releasing my 2 novels: To Slice The Sky & Some Call Me...

3) Write and release my first short story collection for Wave 2 of the Lilim Chronicles. I have about four more stories, already plotted out, to write. Wave 2 is going to pull back to the early part of this century and revolve around the Second American Civil War.

4) At least get an outline for the next novel that is still unnamed. It's going to be an oral history of the Second American Civil war told through the eyes of a bunch of different people. It's going to be very multi-stylistic, but more straight up near future science fiction. A little cyberpunk, a little military sci-fi, journalism, BBS posts, microblogging/street level journalism, all tossed into a blender and hopefully making a gripping, yet schizophrenic, tale. No one ever accused me of taking the easy road.

5) In my spare time, finish my play through of the Resident Evil series. I'm on #4 (with Revelations, RE5, RE6 and Revelations 2 ahead of me) which should be super awesome. But too many excellent games came out around the holidays, so it's on hold until I finish Fallout 4.

6) Finally read all those research books I've been sitting on all year.

So, I think that's enough to keep me occupied for most of the year.

Things I hope to see in 2016:

1) People realize that their hate-train bandwagoning on popular things to seem hip and edgy does neither. It's okay, I used to be like you. It's really not that big a deal, random person on the internet reading this.

2) Less assholes in the wild.

3) Less exhausting outrage, more constructive anger.

4) More book sales. And reviews, please.

5) More exposure and cult status. And interviews, please.

6) How the 2016 presidential election will make 2008/2012 look like child's play in ridiculous politicking.

Enjoy your year, folks. See you next Sunday.

-CBB

No comments:

Post a Comment