Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Rockies blue glare.

It's Sunday. I haven't missed it!

This week was a rough wade in a cloudy pool. Finally got some work on the short I've been yakking about. It's tentatively called, "West Side Connection", but I'm not married to it. It needs something that I can't quite put my finger on. I guess another draft is really the answer, but it's one I'm trying to make into a showcase type piece. Maybe putting that much pressure on it is what's killing it for me. I still need to actually write the ending, so there's that too. At least I'm closer to the end.

Aside from that, I started another short that's sort of like a journal of a guy who's stranded on an island after a shipwreck. He's a spoiled brat from a rich merchant family that gets tossed aboard a vessel of his father's to whip him into shape. His ship wrecks because of his incompetence and he's the sole survivor as far as he knows. He finds a trunk of belongings and decides to take up the journal they never started. He doesn't ration provisions since he can't bear to be hungry, and goes into the sea to try and catch a fish, or something because he's an idiot and doesn't know how it works. At night, he thinks he sees something in the water and calls out in hope of rescue. It retreats. The next night, there are more, just watching him. That's about all I have so far.

Getting geared up to work on the novel's next draft as well. It's been almost a year since I finished the first draft. I think. I don't know. Time's getting slippery these days. Either way, it's been a while since I first made the edits to the hardcopy of my manuscript, and I'm finding myself finding stuff I missed. This is going to be a process. Granted, I'm a process kind of guy, so bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment