Sunday, January 21, 2018

Therapy

New year, new goals, and new grasp of reality.

I wanted to call this shit quits because I really got down on myself for not creating anything last year. Really, I've just been wrapped up in life, but I can only use that as an excuse so much. At least this year is starting to close some long overdue chapters in my life, so with that hopefully comes more freedom to achieve my goals.

I've stripped down my online presence and gutted my ebooks because I've been disappointed in their quality. I'll leave the print versions untouched, but I'm going to finally start releasing the individual shorts that have been rewritten. The last two years of only getting one publication has shown me that the story buying public doesn't want what I'm selling in their current form, so I've decided to put down my idea of the Lilim series and just start writing whatever comes to me. The thought of building a whole universe, while nice and already in place, I'm tired of trying to sell a whole series idea in multiple disjointed forms. So, to add some cohesiveness, I've pared down my writing endeavors into the following: Edit and release my individual shorts as chapbooks and ebooks, Release a physical and ebook version of  To Slice The Sky, Edit and release my Space Western, and lastly, Work on the comic script for Cold Cases.

I feel that after Blade Runner 2049 and Bright have been released to limited fanfare, my cyberpunk/urban fantasy conglomerate idea is kinda dead in the water with its bedfellows. But really, it's time I stopped talking about wanting to write a comic book and fucking write a comic book.

So since I'm putting a pin in the Lilim Chronicles, I'm also revamping my author presence online and have regressed into this state. So, the blog will be going through some URL changes shortly to something easier to remember. This is also not so much a, "I want to sell people stuff," page as it is my personal blog, so while this is written as if someone is reading it, it's really more of a personal blog in the vein of early '00s online diaries. Neatoreato.

Anyway, That's all I need to get off my chest. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment